In honor of the upcoming 4th of July celebration, we thought it was only fitting to do a post with a little dash of patriotism. Why not chat about the good ol’ US of A in order to celebrate America’s birthday? And the icing on the patriotic birthday cake? We’re giving away one $100 gift card to Manready Mercantile – menswear & gifts made right here in the USA. (giveaway details at the end)
- An American can expect to move 11.7 times in their lifetime
- By age 18, a person can expect to move another 9.1 times in their remaining lifetime.
- By age 45, a person can expect to move another 2.7 times in their remaining lifetime.
- The average 18-year-old American will have only moved twice, but a 30-year-old will have moved 6 times.
- American males are more inclined to move for job-related reasons than American females
- An average of 35.9 million Americans move each year
- Most in-county moves are for housing reasons.
- Most between-state moves are for job reasons.
- Oregon was the top moving destination of 2014, followed by South Carolina, and North Carolina.
- New Jersey and New York had the highest percentage of moves out of state in 2014.
- In 2014, The Northeast region had the highest number of people leaving for retirement with more than 1 in 4 movers indicating retirement as their reason for relocation.
*Stats from United States Census Bureau, the American Moving & Storage Association, & the 2014 National Movers Study by United Vans Line
So are you an Average American mover? Let us know why you moved last time in a comment on our Facebook contest post to be entered to our random drawing to win a $100 digital gift card to Manready Mercantile – because they sell awesome stuff made in America. Check out their story and have an incredible 4th of July!
Giveaway comments submissions must be published to our Facebook giveaway post by 11:59 PST Sunday, July 5th. All entries will be assigned a number. A random number will be generated Monday, selecting the winner of the grand prize of 1 (one) $100 digital gift card good to be spent at ManReady Mercantile.